Master Pilates Teacher & Movement Educator
Elizabeth Jones-Boswell, M.Ed., PMA-CPT is a Master Pilates Teacher, Movement Therapist and Author on a mission to empower clients with the education, inspiration and tools necessary to awaken their body, mind, and spirit.
By combining Pilates’ work with her many years of exercise and dance training, as well as studies in Alexander, Bartinieff, and Feldenkrais, she has formulated a system of exercise that will work on any body. Elizabeth’s clients range from the novice to the professional dancer and athlete, and include those who have suffered injuries, as well as pre- and post-natal mothers. Her work seeks to create a balance of strength and flexibility for a lifetime of joy and physical health.
Elizabeth began her career as a dancer. Following a severe injury, she underwent two back surgeries (laminectomy and subsequent removal of a bone fragment) in 1980. Doctors told her she would neither dance again nor be able to endure pregnancy and childbirth. They were wrong. She embraced the exercise system based on the teachings of Joseph H. Pilates as a means to recovery, which gave rise to her own rehabilitative techniques.
Elizabeth began her Pilates training in 1982 at the Houston Ballet and then continued her studies with Alan Herdman in London. Her continued studies have been with master teachers Carola Trier, Ron Fletcher, Alan Herdman, Eve Gentry and her protégé Michele Larsson.
- In 1984 Elizabeth founded the Physical Conditioning Centre (Houston, TX), which grew to accommodate over 350 appointments weekly.
- She developed the Pilates Teacher Training and Conditioning program for the Dance Department at Texas Woman’s University in the early 1990’s.
- She has taught at the Houston Ballet Academy Summer Intensives since the early 1990s and lectured to the Academy students.
- She was granted the distinction of Master Teacher in 2000.
- In 2001, she sold her facility in Houston and moved to Spokane where she saw private clients and conducted teacher-training workshops and lectures.
- Elizabeth created and appears in the mat work section of the video “Jaclyn Smith’s Workout for Beauty and Balance.” A mother of four, she created a companion set (book and DVD) entitled “Exercise for Pregnancy and Beyond: A Pilates-based Approach for Women”. She has also developed a series of four exercise videos for her clients and is planning another for public release in the near future.